Since there are people who insist on buying me gifts for things like Christmas, Father’s Day, and the anniversary of my birth, and since I am only human and am too honest to sit hear and say I don’t enjoy receiving gifts, I decided to put up a list of gifts I would like to receive. One thing to remember about this list: I am of the opinion that my father had it right when he said that if you’re going to wish, wish big. You never know when a wish might come true.
So, without further ado, here’s my wishlist:
- Cold, hard cash. Face it: It’s versatile and easier to come by than anything you’d have to use the cash to buy AFTER finding the cash. I’m just trying to make things easier … really.
- Music – your basic “top-40″ stuff from the late sixties, seventies, and early eighties. Here’s a sample list:
- Elton John – Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Billy Joel – The Stranger
- Billy Joel – 52nd Street
- Bob Seeger – Night Moves
- Bob Seeger – Hollywood Nights
- DVD Movies – At the time of this writing, these movies are not yet out on DVD, but I’m willing to wait for the DVD release because I object to paying $6 or more to sit in a theater and try to concentrate on a movie while the kid behind me kicks my chair and the guy in front of me won’t take off his hat. Here is my current “Must see” list:
- I Am Number Four
- This USB Missle launcher look like it would be too much fun!
More items will be added as I think of them. Keep checking back.
-  There are those who would say I should have written, “without further adieu”, but I agree with someone calling himself “GUY” on this page. The word “Adieu” is French for “goodbye” and the quote I used is from Shakespeare. At the time when Shakespeare used “ado” it meant “fuss”. Which makes more sense, “without further goodbye” or “without further fuss”? ↩